BC Hunting Trips
Send Me Updates &
Special Offers »
What to Bring
Non-resident Firearm Declaration - PDF
US Customs - Certificate of registration of personal effects - PDF
- A warm compressible and packable sleeping bag
- A pair of camp shoes
- A pair of waterproof hiking boots 9-11'' high. meindl, Schnees etc
- A set of raingear (pants & jacket)
- Long underwear
- Wool hat, touqe or stocking cap
- water bottle
- 2 jackets (1 light, 1 heavy)
- A pair of leather gloves
- Appropriately sized rifle & ammo w/ soft gun case or bow w/ 2 dozen arrows
- A good quality backpack 60ltr minimum
- A wool sweater
- Personal toiletries (towel, toothbrush, etc..)
- Mole skin for blisters.
- Quiet quality hunting clothing (wool, fleece, etc.) This is so important, especially on a moose hunt. Firstlite offers a great layering system.
Fly-in hunts are limited to 70 lbs of gear per hunter.
Remember to pack lightweight gear especially if you are doing a backpack mountain goat hunt.
Layers are best as you can add and remove as needed.
Bring a daypack large enough to carry everything you will need during a full day of hunting (rain gear, camera, water bottle, snacks etc…).
If you have booked a backpack mountain goat hunt bring a backpack large enough to carry gear for multiple nights on the mountain (sleeping bag, rain gear, warm coat, socks, long underwear, camera, headlamp, gloves, spare shirt, etc…). Also remember on the way down the mountain there must be room in your backpack for a portion of the meat from your harvested animal.
If this is your first hunt and you are unsure of the type of gear required please call your outfitter and he will be more than happy to recommend the appropriate gear for your trip.
Featured BC Hunt
Backpack into the wilderness, enjoy your surroundings, bring out your inner adventurer,
I wanted to take a moment to again thank you for what can only be described as truly the "hunt of a lifetime". That is an often over used phrase, but in this case it is completely accurate. To take